Strategic Account Manager
Who we are
Origami Energy was founded in 2013 with a vision to make energy cheaper, greener and more secure. As the world strives to achieve increasingly stringent sustainable energy targets, we believe an intelligent, coordinated network of diverse assets delivers the most cost-effective, secure and flexible solution. Energy flexibility (ability of an energy asset to turn up/down or on/off) is becoming increasingly valuable to help balance electricity systems around the world, as increasing amounts of inflexible and intermittent renewable generation is added to the energy mix.
We have developed intelligent, versatile and secure technology to optimally generate value from this flexibility, in real-time. This technology enables flexibility providers to generate better financial returns from their assets and flexibility users to buy, sell and trade better.
We provide technology through strategic partnership agreements with energy suppliers and traders. We also provide fully funded, turnkey energy storage solutions designed to reduce energy bills, generate new income streams and enhance energy security. Our technology is architected to deliver global solutions and is already tested and commercially proven in the highly deregulated UK energy market.
The Strategic Account Manager, alongside others, will take ownership for a major account within Origami Energy’s portfolio of key accounts. This role includes ownership and management of relationships, ensuring a retention and revenue plan, plan for Net Promoter Score management and improvement and interaction with Origami Energy operations to ensure a smooth coordinated delivery.
You’ll join an highly skilled team selling, developing and implementing important energy service solutions that are at the forefront of balancing demand, generation and storage. The role will entail responsibility in working with other team members to continuously engage with clients to promote generic as well as customer specific solutions from the existing and future Origami portfolio.
This role is key to Origami’s transition to a commercial enterprise and to achieve growth. This exciting and critical role will report into the Head of Commercial Delivery, who has responsibility for contracted delivery of Origami’s solutions.
What you’ll get to do
- Originate, develop and deliver account plans for the customers assigned in line with Origami’s commercial plan, delivering against revenue and account targets, enabling customer retention and revenue/profit management by effective account planning and management
- The Account Manager is the customer’s liaison point for all Origami services and offerings, and is responsible for customer satisfaction and quality of service, working with the Operations and Support team to ensure that key KPIs and SLAs are met
- Identifying new business development opportunities through a continuous management of relationship, customer understanding and consultative selling approach
- The individual will ensure a consistent approach of solution and value based selling and work closely within other teams to enable this
- Develop and maintain contacts at each major customer, ensuring relationships are maintained and cultivated
- Ensure that the customer is smoothly transitioned into the account management and support process
What it’s like to work here
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus ability to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Equity in the company
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cash Health Plan
- Retail discounts
- Friendly, open plan office on the prestigious Cambridge Science Park and close to the Cambridge North station or brand new office with a gorgeous roof terrace based in Vauxhall in London
- Flexible working hours and informal dress code
- Quarterly All-Company meetings and recognition
- Regular team socials
What we’re looking for
- Be able to demonstrate multiple years in the energy industry or analogous environment such as telecommunications in solution and sales development
- Previous roles to have covered one or more of the following capabilities:
- Structured origination of energy solutions in PPA and or flexibility solutions
- Provision of technology solutions that enable improvement in business operation or customer engagement with the client
- Good working knowledge of the energy industry commercial environment and from wholesale trading to supply, especially with tier 1 and 2 suppliers and traders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of communicating highly complicated and intricate solutions
- Commercial acumen to understand the trade-offs between risk and reward
- Strong sales and negotiation skills; the ability to develop and deliver professional sales proposals
- Ability to interface and empathize with key customers at various levels of seniority and function is key including C level executives, IT, marketing and technical personnel
- Ability to identify opportunities where others would not. A profit/revenue approached balanced with care and understanding of customer needs and compelling event identification
- Stakeholder and communication management
- Ability to apply technical solutions to commercial negotiations and a structured thinker who can develop a solution to deliver both Origami Energy’s and the customer’s objectives
- Able to build strong internal relationships with the broader Origami Energy team through collaborative working and excellent communication
- Good working knowledge of energy efficiency solutions and the use of Smart Grid applications including the value proposition towards clients is preferable
How to apply
Email us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Origami Energy is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Origami Energy has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
If you apply for this role Origami Energy Ltd will hold and use your personal data in accordance with the Origami Energy Candidate Privacy Notice which is available using the link here.
Back to Current Vacancies