Who we are
Origami Energy was founded in 2013 with a vision to make energy cheaper, greener and more secure. As the world strives to achieve increasingly stringent sustainable energy targets, smart and powerful technology is required to ensure our electricity systems are fit for the 21st century.
Origami Energy has developed intelligent, versatile and secure technology to optimally generate value for energy market actors in an increasingly complicated energy world. We provide our technology through strategic partnership agreements with some of the world’s leading energy companies.
What you’ll get to do
- Strategic Commercial Partnerships and deals: Support the company’s customer-facing negotiations, sales and contract management activities; Liaise closely with the Commercial Director
- Protection of Origami IP: Work with specialist legal advisers & patent attorneys to protect/develop a growing IP portfolio (including patents, trademarks, etc.), liaise closely with the Technology Director
- Company Secretary: Lead on all Company Secretarial duties including all statutory returns, taking and circulating board minutes, liaise closely with the CEO and Chairman
- Share Options: Take a lead on legal matters relating to employee share option agreements and other non-employee option agreements, liaise closely with the CEO and Head of HR
- Property: Take specialist legal advice regarding office leases, and related agreements, liaise closely with the COO and Technology Director
- Internationalisation: Identify legal needs relating to plans for International growth (e.g. establishment of in-country subsidiary companies; familiarisation with local laws), liaise closely with the CEO and Head of Strategy
- Corporate Fund Raise: Provide legal support for key aspects of corporate fund raise rounds (e.g. due diligence; data room; Investment Agreement/Articles), liaise closely with the CEO
- Compliance: Develop and maintain an up-to-date compliance register of all relevant codes, standards, policies, regulations that either directly affect Origami or our customers. Conduct periodic internal checks to confirm compliance with our stated policies (e.g. conflicts management)
- Processes: Ensure all legal processes are standardised and templatised to the extent possible – e.g. Framework agreements, NDA’s etc.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with a law degree, and 7 years’ plus experience to include:
- Experience in commercial law ideally in the energy or technology sectors, including complex contracts development relating to technology and service-based solutions (i.e. B2B)
- Experience of working with or for innovative companies on complex issues and used to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- High level of planning and organisational skills, with a great ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and pride in quality work
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to establish good rapport across all levels, ranging from commercial/technology leads through to senior level corporate lawyers in client organisations
- Have excellent legal skills in analysis, drafting and negotiations
- Proven track record of managing a demanding workload and of delivering robust and commercial legal advice
- Be a team player with a can-do approach and a willingness to embrace new legal challenges with an open mind
- Experience in project finance, fin tech and general commercial contracts would also be highly relevant to the role
What it’s like to work here:
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package including;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus ability to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Equity in the company
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cash Health Plan
- Retail discounts
- Friendly, open plan office in Vauxhall, London
- Flexible working hours and informal dress code
- Quarterly All-Company meetings and recognition
- Regular team socials
How to apply
Email us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Origami Energy is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Origami Energy has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
If you apply for this role Origami Energy Ltd will hold and use your personal data in accordance with the Origami Energy Candidate Privacy Notice which is available using the link here.
Back to Current Vacancies